Thursday, May 2, 2013

Perks, Points + Challenges

Team exhale Santa Monica at our class challenge party!
Switching careers as taught me sooooo much about business outside of the 9-5 world.  I have found that the most important difference is that there is no sacred day off. No day free of sales, deals, specials, events etc.  Everyday is a day to meet a new client, gain customer loyalty, and let's get to the point - make money.  Mother's Day, Christmas, Turkey Day - doesn't matter, the whole objective is to increase new clients and reaffirm the loyalty of existing clients.

One thing that seems to work for us at exhale in attracting new clients and retaining old ones are frequency challenges.  We give our guests a goal of taking X classes or getting X therapies and they win X.  Its so AMAZING to me how people commit themselves to doing whatever it is you want, for a prize! (Even if its something small.)

When I think about it, I'm exactly the same way.  The day I become a Sephora VIB (After I bought The Buttercup - which is AMAZING!), I felt like I won the lottery!! One free makeover (after spending like a bazillion dollars in the store) made my entire day! I'm the same way with my UnitedPlus card.  I seriously get so pumped to spend money so I can get my points (and every 4th, 5th, 10th flight free)!

Last month at exhale Santa Monica we did an employee class challenge with the reward of being invited to an exclusive party for the winners. The picture above is of 14 of the 16 winners.  I have never seen my team so excited, motivated, or competitive - all over a party!

Are you motivated by perks, points or challenges when you shop, at your gym, etc.?  What makes us go bonkers for a free makeover....when we've obviously actually paid WAY MORE MONEY than a makeover should ever cost?!

A little bizznass food for thought for you lovelies today!

xoxox,
L.A.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog! Yes..... everyone wants and needs to be a WINNER every now and then.

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete