Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Instagram in Illinois

Happy Tuesday and Happy Summer, lovelies!

I am back from a little hiatus and thought I would share some of my instagram travel photos with you!

Mr. A and I spent the week after Memorial Day in the great state of Illinois. It was so nice to see and spend time with both sides of our families. My Dad's side lives in Southern Ilinois (see above picture) and Chris's sister was married in Chicago.
We had a very warm welcome from my Dad and his awesome girlfriend, Joey, when we arrived in Clinton.  This little town has some serious charm, serious ties to Honest Abe, AND my family has serious history there too!  My great-grandma actually has a street named after her in Clinton, Marion Street!
I took Chris to Kickapoo Creek while we were down South.  My sister and I spent sooooo many hours in this creek as kids!
My dad (a modern Daniel Boone) was fearless in leading the wade through the Kickapoo.
Mr. A and I were so happy to be relaxing in the country.
We spent our evenings having delicious home made dinners and strolling the streets of  Clinton.  The buildings all have so much old charm.  When I look at the above picture, I think it could be from 1812 or 2012, don't you?!
We stumbled into my favorite local bar in Clinton, Snappers, one night and may or may not have drank HUGE beers and rocked out to the jukebox totally alone! hehehehe...
I think my favorite part of the whole trip may have been spending time with my Dad....
...and of course, eating his steadfast breakfast (aka cowboy breakfast) of biscuits and gravy, cheese eggs, and bacon!
I discovered that there is a Kickapoo Creek Winery very near Clinton and the Kickapoo Creek I spent summers playing on!  I am SOOOOOOOO going there the next time I am in Illinois.
Our last stop before heading to the city was visiting my grandparents.  My grandpa is a musician (Southern Gospel to be specific), so he and Mr. A got along famously!  The baby grand piano above was my great-grandma's 16th birthday present!
This picture is of my grandpa and Mr. A post jam session. :)  It makes my heart warm.
And then.....we headed to the city for a whirlwind wedding weekend for Nadine and James, my sister & brother in-laws!
All of the food all weekend long was fabulous! From the rehearsal dinner at The University Club, to the reception dinner at The Ivy Room. (I LOVE a wedding with good food, don't you?!)
The wonderful bride and groom (Mr. & Mrs. James Rich) leaving the ceremony site, Saint James Cathedral.


This picture says it all!

What a wonderful week Mr. A and I had, but we are soooooo happy to be back!  Stay tuned for posts this week!

xoxoxoxox,
L.A.

**Pictures taken by Mr. A, myself, and Sara Rich (Jame's sister, who is awesome!)

1 comment:

  1. aw, this all looks like so much fun! what beautiful images!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete