Monday, June 18, 2012

Campbell Family Pickles

When I was in Oklahoma last, I stumbled across this tupperware container in my sister's fridge.  I was a little perplexed when I opened it up to find these pickles sliced and swimming in red sauce.  Much to my surprise and delight, when I bit into one of the pickles I found a flavor even better than a normal pickle! Slightly sweet, slightly spicy and wrapped into the tang of a pickle - holy delicious!(I loveeee pickles, so you can imagine my excitement when I found a pickle even more delicious than normal!) 

My sister told me that these pickles were given to her by my Aunt Vanessa, but that the recipe is my Aunt Janet's.  So, rather than starting a family feud by giving this recipe a particular Campbell's name, I've decided to call this the Campbell Family Pickle recipe.

Ingredients:
1, 3 gallon jar of organic pickles, sliced
(you can also obviously make your own pickles in place of store bought pickles)
2 cups organic brown sugar
1/4 cup Tabasco sauce

Slice pickles into 1/2 inch pieces and remove 1/2 cup of pickle juice. Add the brown sugar and Tabasco sauce and stir.  Let the pickles marinate overnight, enjoy!

I like to eat mine with salt-free saltines (kinda an oxymoron, right?! ha!)

Happy Monday!

xoxox,

L.A.



1 comment:

  1. They are, indeed, the best pickles I have ever eaten!!!!!

    ReplyDelete