Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Sweet Baby Shower for a Sweet Baby Girl

I am so excited to share some of the details from the shower I hosted for my little sister this past weekend!  Unfortunately, I forgot to pack my super-serious Cannon camera, so all of my documentation is via my Iphone and instagram.  I think you will still get a nice since of the scene!

We had the shower in my momma's backyard, complete with a fire pit and Mulberry tree!  I rented tables, chairs, and linens from Party Perfect Linens in Tulsa, Ok. (If you are a Tulsa friend, I so highly recommend this company!  Misty was such a lifesaver for me planning a 60 person shower from across the country.)

I thought pink chair sashes would add a sweet touch to all the tables....and I was right, no?!


I topped the tables with simple floral arrangements that I did myself (with the help of my best friend from childhood and my awesome brother-in-law, Mark), a table number, and blank sheets of paper with pens.

P.S. I still need to do a bouquet and floral arrangement DIY post!  Its really soooo easy!

The table numbers weren't used for a seating arrangement, but rather to give each table a milestone age in Dylan's (did I tell you that's her name?!) life.  I had each person at each table write a letter to Dylan at the age she will be at their correlating table numbers.  I picked ages 1, 2, 5, 10, 13, 16, 18, 21, 25, and 30.

I am going to mail each set of letters to Dylan on her birthday for the correlating year.  The letters are sooooo sweet and I can't even imagine how special this little girl will feel on these milestone birthdays!

I am not big on playing cheesy games at showers, so this seemed like a sweet way to keep people occupied!
Since the shower was at 1pm, I planned a light lunch menu for our guests: tuna salad, chicken salad, an olive platter and my personal favorite dish of the day, Oklahoma Caviar.

We served sweet tea and sweet pink lemonade in mason jars with pink barber pole straws (and of course, I provided a little champagne, although I think I was the only person who drank it!)



I think the favorite food table of the party was definitely the sweet table!  We had cupcakes, cake pops, bite-sized cheese cakes, chocolate dipped strawberries, the works (all made my members of Mark's and my family)! 

For favors, I ordered different pink candies and small pink silk bags for DIY take home candy bags.  (I may have caused a few cavities...)

The best part of the whole shower was watching these two open up little baby gifts! (This was a couple shower, so guys were allowed to come!  It was way fun adding in a little testosterone to all the frills!)

The guests played baby shower bingo (another not-so-cheesy game) and I gave out Bath and Body Works candles and hand sanitizers as prizes.  I was shocked at how competitive the game became (I guess that's the testosterone for you!)

Thought I would share this silly picture of us for outfit sake!  Isn't Toni's dress pretty?!  A steal from...wait for it...Old Navy!  Can you believe it?!  My dress is a lace skater dress in mint by ASOS.



Lastly, I just had to share my favorite picture from the shower.  It was taken on the last table standing after party break down, after most guests left, save Mark's band members (you can check out Marks's band here), a few uncles and immediate family. . 

The boys drank scotch (okay, okay, I may have had a sip) and the girls had champagne (obviously not the pregnant girl) and we all sat around talking about what Dylan may turn out like.

The sweet shower was a huge success and super fun!

Love you Toni and Mark and you too little dill-pickle!

xoxoxoxox,

Auntie Awesome

P.S. Toni received an awesome stroller with an Ipod dock in it.  I am not kidding. We are totally living in the Jetson's age. 


P.S.S. I got her this Timi and Leslie diaper bag!  I would carry that around right now and I'm not even pregnant!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an incredible baby shower. I love your idea for all of the guests to write letters for Dylan's future birthdays. It will be amazing to read them in years to come.

    I love how your post links up so nicely to mine about siblings. You guys must have a great relationship.

    C x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People LOVED writing the letters. And, its so true about our posts! xx

      Delete