Monday, May 21, 2012

Home Again


Good morning, lovelies!

So sorry for my lack of posting last week.  Truth be told, I had to make an emergency trip home to Oklahoma for my mom.  I haven't mentioned anything here because I sorta view this place as my safe haven of fun where no life issues exist...which isn't reality, unfortunately.

I thought I would share my sorrows with you and also broach a topic I'm sure many of us have to / have had too / will have to deal with at some point in our lives.

My mom has lung cancer and severe emphysema.  She was hospitalized last week and we weren't sure she would pull through, so I came home to be with her and help my little sister.  

In just the few short days I have been home, I have realized that we have quite the journey ahead of us.  From doctor's appts and home health care, to dealing with our own personal emotions about our mother's life having a time line....its been quite the whirlwind.   


The topic swirling around in my head is wondering if its time to come home semi-permanently or even permanently in order to help care for my mom and be there for my sister and almost niece, Dylan.

There are quite a few benefits to moving home.  See above pictures....it truly is beautiful in Green Country.  Cost of living is ridiculously low, therefore Mr. A and I would be able to live with less stress while I care for my mom.  My sister is here and my niece is almost here.  All my family and support system would be around.  We would have an immediate circle of friends to enter.  We would be able to buy a big, pretty house with a yard (and pooooool), EASY!!  There is good food, great music.  You can see the stars at night from anywhere in the city (imagine that LA friends!!)  There is more coastline in Oklahoma than the Atlantic and Gulf Shores combined (tons of lakes)!  I think I could go on...

There are also cons.  We would be leaving our friends.  Santa Monica can not be replicated.  We would be leaving wine country.  New jobs would need to be found.  Moving reallllly sucks.  Humidity sucks more than moving.  We would have to figure out how to rent out our condo.  You can't get good sushi in Oklahoma.  Trader Joes would be very missed (although Tulsa does have a Whole Foods! whewwww!!!)  

So much is going on in our life right now.  I can hardly sleep at night.

Have any of you been through this before?  How did you manage the stress, grief, emotions, care for your loved one?

xoxoxo,

Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this about your mom, Lindsey! She is such an incredible lady and I can only imagine what you are going through right now. Thinking of you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete