Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Inspiration Station

Image Source: unknown
Last night Mr. Arotin and I took a fantastic yoga class from my absolute favorite yoga teacher ever, Kyra Anastasia.  I felt as though her higher focus in class (outside of the poses and breath) was to bring all of our minds on the path of readying for spring.  Out with the old, in with the new.....total inspiration. 

To me, spring is all about planting seeds and preparing for the beauty of what is to come.  I think this Spring mentality carries through all of life.  With proper preparation (planting your seeds) and making the right decisions based on gut and balance, you can truly make your life what you want it to be.  More, its important with that to realize that dreams don't come true immediately.  You have to fully prepare and then jump in with both feet when the time is right.

At the end of class, Kyra read a passage that really hit home with me.  I think because I have been planning and preparing for many changes, trying to make my own dreams come true!  Sometimes, I get lost in all the planning and wonder if all my work is leading somewhere.  This passage helped me to see that my dreams are there, my seeds are planted, I just need to be a little bit more patient and wait for the perfect conditions.

“In April, we cannot see sunflowers in France, so we might say the sunflowers do not exist. But the local farmers have already planted thousands of seeds, and when they look at the bare hills, they may be able to see the sunflowers already. The sunflowers are there. They lack only the conditions of sun, heat, rain and July. Just because we cannot see them does not mean that they do not exist.”
- Thich Nhat Hanh

I am so inspried to work hard this spring and summer.  As they say, there is no better time than now to make your dreams come true!!

What are you preparing for this spring?  What are you hoping to manifest in your life?  Isn't Spring just the best time ever to get excited for all that is to come?!

xoxox,

L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment