Monday, December 5, 2011

What I Learned This Weekend - Holidays are Pretty!

Happy Monday, lovelies! This is going to be a great week, I can feel it!!

This weekend I learned (remembered, really) just how beautiful the holiday season can be.  Not just esthetically, but also the meaningful stuff. 

I started my weekend adventures by snapping the shot above.  I decided to use ornaments to fill a vase for my holiday table centerpiece this year.  I love it!

We had our 3rd annual Silver Bells holiday party on Sunday.  This year, we switched it up by hosting the party at brunch rather than in the evening.  It was a nice change and a big success!

I love having all my very best friends come to mingle and exchange gifts. The chatter, food, fun and gleaming faces really makes my day (okay, my year!).

Since it was a brunch party, I decided to prepare a mimosa bar for our guests.  Easy for me, yummy for them.  Done and done.

I bought these stemless champagne flutes and these stemless wine glasses and have finally solved my lack-of-wine-and-champagne-glasses-at-parties woes.  (And for a super reasonable price!!  Double and!!! they are shipped in small and very well put together boxes that are perfect for storage between events.)


I made little tags to differentiate between juices and water for the mimosa bar.  I didn't know it was possible for bottles and ice to make a pretty picture!  I guess during the holiday season, it is!


This is our little living Christmas tree!! It was delivered Saturday! It is a Leyland Cyprus (we are still thinking about names for it).  Its a baby tree, standing about 5 feet tall, including the pot.  I have to water it every two days and it smells alive and devine!  I have already been talking to it and telling it how beautiful it is and how big and tall I know it will get as the years go on. I know talking to a tree sounds crazy, but this article might make me sound more sane!

My tree design this year consists of musical instruments, old music sheet ornaments, white balls and white and silver ribbon.  I was going for classic and musical.  Like my bow at the top?!  I made it in 10 minutes.  I was impressed myself! hahaha.  Last year, I tried to make a bow for 2 hours, got really mad, threw out the bow mess, and topped the tree with a silly bow tie looking thing. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday and super happy week!

xoxo,
L.A.

P.S. Have you decorated your tree yet?!

1 comment:

  1. The holidays ARE gorgeous! ;-) Sad I missed your holiday party this year, especially since I LOVE brunch! xoxo

    ReplyDelete