Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Avocado = Cheese


Today is the 10 weekaversary of my divorce from cheese; all dairy, actually.

I didn't foresee my relationship with cheese ending.  But, when I found out that I am allergic to dairy and by ceasing consumption I could end my coughing, super phlegmy, general heavy and tired feeling that dairy leaves me with, I realized that a break up was best for both of us.

I LOVE cheese, so the thought of leaving it behind was sad at first. The only thing that got me through the first rough nights was my discovery of avocado.

Living in California has brought avocado to the fore front of my attention.  I have grown accustom to the concept of adding avocado or guacamole to pretty much any dish when ordering out.  However, losing cheese (and my search for some sort of replacement) led me to realize that avocado can be eaten alone as a snack! Score!!  And, its delicious and super good for you! Double score!!

When I come home from work and need an afternoon snack, I now turn to 1/2 an avocado (topped with a little pepper) and crackers instead of cheese and crackers.  Avocado is chalk full of good omega fat and vegetarian protein.  It also has the perfect creamy consistancy to serve as a replacement to cheese. 

Want to know a secret?! Since I discovered that avocado = cheese, I don't even miss cheese!! 

Want to know another secret?  Since I have stopped eating dairy, I have lost 4 pounds!! (Most humans are allergic to dairy and don't even know it!  Its hard for our bodies to process, thus it aides in packing on the pounds!)

I thought I would share my secret with you today as I wave bye-bye to cheese and dairy for the 10th straight week!

xoxox,

Lindsey

P.S. I can still eat a little goat cheese now and then.  So, all is not lost for me at wine and cheese parties.  Thank god!!

P.P.S. I do cheat sometimes (a girl has to have a bite of pizza every one in a while), but I usually regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment