Monday, October 17, 2011

Mother Earth Monday - Boo!-tiful Ways To Use Your Pumpkins

Image Source: Burts Farm
Chris and I are heading to our local pumpkin patch tonight to pick out our pumpkins for the season!  I am super excited.  We are going to carve them as our date night this Friday.

If you use the pumpkin correctly (carve, seeds, filling, etc.), its actually Earth-friendly since you aren't wasting food!  Also, obviously its even more Earth-friendly if you buy your pumpkins from a local farm.

Here are my Top 5 suggestions as to how you can use your pumpkin fully, not letting any part go to waste:
1) Decoration!  This one is a given.  Check out this pumpkin eye candy.  So pretty!
2) Carving! Another super fun given.  Isn't this cool?!
3) Seeds - YUM!  Here is my favorite recipe (I add a bit of cayenne and black pepper for kick).
4) Ravioli - fantastico!  Recipe here.
5) Pumpkin Pie. I die.  Perfect fall dessert or breakfast! (Yes, I said breakfast!)  Look at these mini pies!

Also, did you know you can use these to keep your pumpkin fresh?!  Pretty awesome, huh?!

Yay fall!  Yay pumpkins! Yay Earth!

xoxo,

L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment