Monday, September 12, 2011

Mother Earth Monday - Recycled Produce Bags!

Image Source: reuseit.com

As you all know, Santa Monica instituted a no-plastic-bag and you-must-pay-$.10-for-a-paper-bag law in all grocery stores. (Go, Santa Monica!)  However, while shopping last night, I realized that plastic produce bags are still very much available (even at Whole Foods).  What the what?!

This got me to thinking that I should start a bring-your-own-produce-bag movement!

One of my favorite websites resuseit.com has these awesome recycled produce bags!

What do you think, lovelies?  Are you on board with this movement?  How much easier and earth-friendly will these make your shopping?  Are you already using reusable produce bags?!

Happy Mother Earth Monday!

xoxo,

L.A.

1 comment:

  1. I don't use produce bags... I've never really understood why I would need to keep everything separated. Of course, I usually buy my produce at the farmer's market and they charge me by the bag, not by the individual pieces, anyway. ;-) But yes, it seems silly that people would put their produce in plastic and then the plastic into their reusable bags... doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete