Friday, September 30, 2011

It's Friday, I'm In Love .....With...

Image Source: Glitter Guide

Image Source: Glitter Guide
....these 1940s hair and makeup tutorials.

I am going to a wedding next Saturday and am totally embodying a vintage 1940s look in my outfit, hair, and makeup.  So, when I saw these tutorials on Glitter Guide, of course they made it to the list of things I am in love with this week.  I JUST LOVE how 1940s style is back and all over the runways for the fall and 2012.  Our grandmas and great-grandmas had killer style, if you ask me!

 
Image Source: Flickr
.....the changing seasons.

This morning truly feels like fall in LA.  There is a little crispness to the air, the scent of fallen leaves surrounded me while I was heading to my car, and I saw that a few of my neighbors have joined me in displaying pumpkins. (I think I may have jumped the gun a little with my fall decor coming out over Labor Day weeked.  Hehe.)  Also, how pretty would leaves lined up like those above look in a frame?!  It would totally had a pop of color, nature, and fall to your home.


Image Source: modgepodgerocksblog.com
 ...an easy DIY to take a wooden tray from drab to fab!

Modge Podge really does rock.  I have the perfect paper to spice up my wooden tray. 


Image Source: unknown
...stripes in the bathroom.

I am just dying over the idea of stripes in my bathroom.  I feel like its hard to give a boutique feel to bathrooms.  Most are stark white so that they appear clean, and with the moisture created by the shower, its hard to spice the space up with art.  Stripes totally solve this problem!  In my case, I think I will opt for a shade 1-2x darker than the off-white I currently have. It will add dimension and Chris will find the color acceptable. (I am pretty positive that he will not go for bold in the bathroom!)

Happy Friday, Lovelies!

Do you have any big plans this weekend (the first that really truly feels like fall, in my neck of the woods anyway!)?

Chris and I are throwing a fund raiser tomorrow to benefit the Alzheimer's Association.  If you are interested in donating, click here.  I will have pictures up next week of my decor and the food!  Check back!

Sunday, will be full of football and changing my welcome bench from fall to Halloween!  I am so excited.

See you next week!

xoxo,

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment