Thursday, September 29, 2011

How To Host A Brunch Party

Brunch parties are 100% my very favorite type of party to host.  People are bright and awake, the sun is sun-shiny and you have ample clean up time when the party is over. Additionally, brunch parties tend to bring out a little more of a laid-back feeling in everyone, so the details of hosting a brunch party are a little different than that of a cocktail or evening affair.

I figured that sharing my go-to steps for hosting a brunch party would be fun, since I hosted a little brunch gathering on Saturday.

Here are my brunch party steps:

Step One: Fresh, fun flowers make the house. 

On Saturday, I placed a bright, yellow rose plant (such a sweet hostess gift) as the centerpiece for my table.  Picture above.

These red roses were placed in 3 different sized and shaped vases to add a little whimsy to the right side of the living room.

Dyed daisies were mixed with adorable pumpkin branches (another lovely hostess gift), to add some fall-fun to the left side of the living room.  I did not light candles as I would have for an evening party, because the sun and lights provided all the ambiance we needed!

This sunflower bouquet (hostess gift) was quickly placed in a vase and set out to be enjoyed.

Step Two: Make the food fun! And, don't forget bacon. (Even if you, like me, are a vegetarian.)  Nothing makes a house and a brunch party, like the smell of bacon!


 Daisy eggs = fun.


 Cast iron skillet made bacon = fun

Home-made cinnamon rolls for dessert = fun!
I also made a big salad and quiche, which are yummy and kinda fun!

Step Three: Never let your guest's drinks run dry.

I think a good addition to this step is to also always offer Mimosas and Bloody Marys. 
They are, after all, the staple drinks of brunch.

Step Four: Dress casual chic.  It's day time, so you want to look pulled together, but not too stuffy!

 I paired a fun stripe top & print scarf with leaf earrings (go fall!) and a casual pony tail.

Step Five: This step is true for day and evening parties.  Make sure to take a few minutes between being a great host / hostess to spend time with your significant host or hostess. :)


Hosting parties together should be a fun (not stressful) experience.


Happy Thursday!

xoxo,

L.A.





3 comments:

  1. As usual..... love it! Great ideas and good inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Was this your birthday party? Hope your birthday was smashing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Lauryl! 26 + a brunch party! xoxo

    ReplyDelete