Thursday, September 8, 2011

Gaga For Grape Wreaths!

In my mind, Labor Day weekend is the first weekend of fall, not the last weekend of summer.  So, this past weekend was a preview to fallapalooza at the Arotin house - exciting!

I started my fall decorating by making a wreath to hang above my welcome bench, welcoming guests and fall to our home.  I wanted the wreath to represent both fall and harvest / crush, so I thought a grapevine wreath covered in grapes would do the trick. Rustic, grapey, fall colors, check, check, check.

This DIY is sooooo easy its kinda ridiculous.

As you can see above, my tools consisted of a pre-made grapevine wreath, a dozen faux grape clusters and my trusty glue gun friend.


I first arranged the grape clusters as I wanted them to look while hanging. (Please excuse the poor lighting, I need to install track lighting in my workspace.) Then, one by one, I hot-glued them down.


Viola! Welcome fall!


Have you pulled out your fall decor lovelies?  Planning on doing any DIY decor?  Are you as excited as I am for the best season of all? (It has been quite toasty in LA the past few days, but I don't care.  I will sweat in my sweaters just to wear them!!)

xoxo,

L.A.

1 comment:

  1. You have become such a creative little wife! oooooo that's sound weird. But, good! Love you!

    ReplyDelete