I paired my centerpiece with simple, clean and beautiful hunter green place settings, ivory lettuce edged napkins, and our lovely Mikasa dishes.
It took under 10 minutes for me to set the table - now that's simple - while Chris was in the shower. When he came out, his jaw dropped as he told me our table looked "picturesque." My simple centerpiece and place settings did make for one pretty table scape.
Our dinner was a simple success, just as I planned!
Herb Crusted Goat Cheese Balls
1 large package of Chevre goat cheese
Dried Oregano (1/4 - 1/2 cup)
Dried Thyme (1/4 - 1/2 cup)
Dried Parsley (1/4 - 1/2 cup)
- Pour your herbs onto a plate or other flat surface and blend with your fingers. (I guess you could pre-blend in a bowl if you are super anal!)
- Open your goat cheese and remove the whole stick from the package.
- Take a teaspoon-sized piece of the cheese and roll into a little ball in your hand.
- Roll the goat cheese in the dried herbs until fully covered.
- Set the ball on a plate.
- Repeat until all the goat cheese turns into little herb-crusted balls!
- Serve with yummy multi-grain crackers and a dry wine. Maybe Gavi Di Gavi?!
Have you done any easy entertaining this summer? Do you have any tips, hints or clues as to how to keep it simple, beautiful and yummy?
Happy Thursday, lovelies!