Thursday, August 11, 2011

Simple Summer Dinner Party

I saw a rendition of the above centerpiece on Pinterest last week and decided to recreate it for a little dinner gathering I hosted this past weekend.  I fell in love with the simplicity of using wine glasses that I already owned to serve as the ceterpiece & candle holder and tried to carry this simple theme through the rest of my decor and even through the food we served.

I paired my centerpiece with simple, clean and beautiful hunter green place settings, ivory lettuce edged napkins, and our lovely Mikasa dishes.

It took under 10 minutes for me to set the table - now that's simple - while Chris was in the shower.  When he came out, his jaw dropped as he told me our table looked "picturesque."  My simple centerpiece and place settings did make for one pretty table scape.

I added a little twist to the simple wine glass candle holder centerpiece by stuffing the bottom of the wine glasses with corks (Chris and I collected them for our wedding and are still in the habit of keeping them....needless to say, I have corks coming out of my ears.) and pale peach roses.

My guests arrived to a super simple and easy, but delicious appetizer of herb crusted goat cheese balls and crackers.  Find the recipe at the end of the post!

After dinner, we moved into the living room for chatting, scotch and games.  Chris thought our wine glass centerpiece was just too beautiful to be left in the dining room, so he brought them with us!

Our dinner was a simple success, just as I planned!

Herb Crusted Goat Cheese Balls

1 large package of Chevre goat cheese
Dried Oregano (1/4 - 1/2 cup)
Dried Thyme (1/4 - 1/2 cup)
Dried Parsley (1/4 - 1/2 cup)

  • Pour your herbs onto a plate or other flat surface and blend with your fingers. (I guess you could pre-blend in a bowl if you are super anal!)
  • Open your goat cheese and remove the whole stick from the package.
  • Take a teaspoon-sized piece of the cheese and roll into a little ball in your hand.
  • Roll the goat cheese in the dried herbs until fully covered.
  • Set the ball on a plate.
  • Repeat until all the goat cheese turns into little herb-crusted balls!
  • Serve with yummy multi-grain crackers and a dry wine.  Maybe Gavi Di Gavi?!
**Usually, one large package is enough for 4-8 people, depending on the hunger of your guests!

Have you done any easy entertaining this summer?  Do you have any tips, hints or clues as to how to keep it simple, beautiful and yummy?

Happy Thursday, lovelies!

xo,

Lindsey

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Lindsey..... wow! As your mom, my heart is beating with P-R-I-D-E! Love you so very much! You put your heart and soul into everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pretty and holy yum. Totally going to use that recipe this week. Thank you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete