Monday, July 25, 2011

Mother Earth Monday - The Joy of SKOY!

Happy Monday, lovelies!  For my second Mother Earth Monday post, I want to share one of my most favorite earth saving items for the kitchen - SKOY Clothes! 


Chris and I have nearly replaced paper towels since we started using these magical clothes.  They are great for cleaning up quick spills, serve as colorful and efficient dinner napkins (when we don't have guests, of course), and are cleaned and disinfected by simply rinsing and popping in the microwave!

Here are a few more fun facts about SKOY:
  • 100% biodegradable
  • Using 1 SKOY cloth until its tattered and time to throw out (usually at least 2 months) is equal to using 15 ROLLS of paper towels in an average home.
  • Read again - 1 SKOY for every 15 ROLLS of paper towels!
  • You can use SKOY as a replacement for sponges too! (Which are many times made of synthetic materials that are bad for the earth.)
  • You can buy 4 SKOY clothes for $6.95.  That means 1 SKOY costs $1.75. The average price of 1 roll of paper towels is $3.  Remember that 1 SKOY replaces 15 rolls of paper towelsDo the math.  
  • 1 SKOY @ $1.75 = 15 rolls of paper towels @ $45!!!!
  • Using 1 pack of 4 SKOY will save you $180 in paper towels.  Seriously.

You can find these amazingly awesome, cheap, germ-killing, earth-saving clothes @ Reuseit.com

When you buy these and they change your life, please email me to let me know! :) 

Do you know of other products like SKOY?!

Have a wonderful, earth friendly week!

xoxo,

L.A.




 

3 comments:

  1. OK I'm sold. I'm going to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound awesome! Sammy and I have been paper towel and paper napkin free for over three years now... we just use fabric napkins and I have a whole bunch of towels that we use as "rags." But I'm always up for trying something new! ;-)

    ReplyDelete