Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wedding Wednesday

One of the greatest things about being a near-first to get married in my circle of friends is getting to share in their engagements, wedding planning ventures and understanding exactly how they feel!  Lucky for me, many of them also look to me for advice, which solves the wedding-planning fever I have had since my wedding was over.


Yesterday, I became super excited talking with my friend, Emily, who is recently engaged. That excitement led me to searching for bridesmaids dresses for my wedding, if I could do it all over again. Hehe.


My lovely bridesmaids in my actual wedding wore short, vintage-inspired dresses that we had made just for them. I loved them. I am still in a super vintage mood. I think this time around though, I would go with to-the-floor length, airy dresses.


I feel like to-the-floor can play in any setting.  Black tie, garden, vineyard, even backyard.  There is just something so elegant about a woman in a long and flowing dress.



How gorgeous does Kiera look in this 1930s inspired, long frock that she wore in the movie Antonement?! I am so in love. Can you imagine your bridesmaids gliding down the aisle in a dress like this, in any color or during any season!? Breathtaking.


Since I can't have my bridesmaids wear this, I may very well have it made for me to wear to one of the upcoming weddings I will be attending.  I think I will lose the embellishment in the front, cut the train and change the color, to make it a little less formal.


What are your bridesmaids going to glide down the aisle in on your big day?!  What are you going to wear to your upcoming weddings?


Xoxo,

L.A.


P.S. Below are a few more dresses I just love.  Also! Anthropologie now has its own bridal shop! SWOOOOOOOON.


 These are gowns dubbed under "Coco" by British designer Charlotte Casadejus.  I just die.

 This is a gown from a vintage shop.  Found on Ruffled.  I love the pattern!!

This one is from the new Anthropologie bridal shop.  How rustic-awesome! 


I love the dantiness of the cap sleeves, the ruching, the lightness of the fabric and the color. 
I would let my hair down though, with not-quite-perfect curls.

1 comment:

  1. I like the last dress posted the best! You're right the cap sleeves are cool and I love the detail in the front!

    ReplyDelete