Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Not Your Average Engagement Ring

Happy Wednesday, lovelies!  I am super excited about this Wedding Wednesday post because its all about a girl's best friend, diamonds! (and other gems).



I have noticed that ever since the royal engagement ring was unveiled, I and many other women I know, have been totally infatuated with non-typical engagement rings.

Just look at Kate's big beautiful sapphire above, who wouldn't want to flaunt a stone so beautiful on their pretty little finger?!

Given this new found obsession, I wanted to share some of the most fabulous, and at times cost effective, engagement rings that I have searched out to share with you.  Most of which, are anything but average.  Who needs average anyway?!

I want to start this adventure by showing you some beautiful styles that you may have seen, but aren't quite average.  Then, we will move into show-stoppers!

This 1940s asscher cut design is very close to my heart.
Any guesses as to why? ;)

Although this style has become rather popular recently, it is still no where near as typical as the princess cut, pronged diamond.  Such a beautiful, modern take on a classic cut and setting.
I love this art deco beauty, don't you?!
Not only is the diamond gorgeous, but how about the design around the main diamond?!



This one is fabulous, too!
From Romancing The Stone.

My great friend, Lynne, has always raved to me about her dream engagement ring, a canary diamond.  Holy swoon-tastic, elegant and regal!

How about this fantastic take on a typical style - a yellow sapphire in place of a diamond!
Can't you picture it on your finger?!  I sure can!


This one from Brillant Earth rocks, too.
I LOVE SAPPHIRES.


Now on to settings, styles, gems and designers that will stop you in your tracks.

St. Kilda Jewelry out of Brooklyn stole my breath.  The next three images are my favorites from the shop.
Beautiful, unique diamond. Beautiful, creative bands. 
 Click here for the price of the diamond ring.

The pink tint in the stone tells us that the gem is in fact a pink sapphire - SO BEAUTIFUL. 
Click here to see the price difference when using a pink sapphire in place of a diamond.
Why wouldn't you go pink?!

I love the vintage style of this skinny emerald cut ring
And, I am such a sucker for mixing metals and gems.


Hello, Harry!!!! My next to-die-for design comes from the one and only Harry Winston.  My jewelry life goal is to own a vintage Harry Winston piece.  Christopher, did you read that?! hehehe.
How unique and awesome is this design from Harry's new Lily Cluster collection?
Can you imagine your man down on one knee showing you this beauty in a box?!
The price point isn't bad either, in case you want to show your special someone.



The next beauty comes from the shop Bario Neal, based in Philly.  There are two things I LOVE, love, love about this shop - they use conflict-free diamonds and recycled precious metals!.  Happy Earth, happy diamond, happy girl.


This is the Avens ring
Its a classic style, but the clean diamond and recycled metal makes it soooo unique.



which means the diamond is set, just how it is found.
One of a kind, by nature.  HOW AWESOME!

Next up are beautiful and interesting rings from the gals at Turtle Love Co. in Portland, ME.  The link will take you to their philosophy page, because it says it all!  Conflict-free diamonds, recycled metals, independent artist designs.  I would wear any of these rings for those qualities alone! (Not to mention that they are way cool and beautiful.)

I love the rose gold vine!
What a unique way to set the diamond.

I can totally see this on a beach baby bride.

Ahhhh, amethyst.  How whimsical, mysterious and sophisticated!
Triple love.

Do you just love any of the rings I have featured today?!  Is your ring very you? Is it unique?  Is your diamond clean, your metal recycled?  What kind of ring would you love to wear on your pretty little finger?!

Hope you have enjoyed the eye candy today!

xoxo,

L.A.

P.S. For those of you already engaged and looking for wedding bands, check out this, this, this, this, this and this!!

For your guy, how cool, how cool, and how cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment