Friday, June 24, 2011

It's Friday, I'm In Love...With...

Happy Friday, dears!


I am so excited for this weekend.  I plan to spend time relaxing poolside with friends (lots of sunscreen of course) and I have a super fun event to attend.  Not to mention, True Blood starts back up on Sunday = time to make my True Bloody Marys! 

I am also excited to share my new Friday series with you all - "It's Friday, I'm in love..with."  On Fridays, I will be covering anything and everything that has excited me through the week or that I am looking forward too for the weekend.


Enjoy!


This Friday, I'm in love with...


This Strawberry Jam recipe!  It makes making jam seem so easy, don't you think?!

My #1 goal for my farmer's market shopping this weekend is to come away with perfect strawberries for making jam.  My #1 goal for the weekend = make said strawberry jam. :)


I have about 30 of these same jars left over from the coffee we gave away as favors at our wedding.  Don't be surprised if I mail you some of my jam!


CreativeLA.
Lovelies, I am in my very first art show this Sunday showcasing my photography! (My super fun event for the weekend).  The piece I have chosen to display is one I shot of the Ferris Wheel on the Santa Monica Pier, one Thursday summer concert night last year.


These are two of the three editions of the photo. The third one is framed and in the show!

This edition is laying on an old suitcase I have!  You know how I love those. ;)

Chris is holding this one up against a wall in our second bedroom
 to give you an idea of how it will look hanging on a wall in a gallery. hehe.


This NPR Story.  Pass the cheese, please!  And, the yogurt.  A great story for a dairy-aholic like myself and most women I know.

Here is the health chart from the story.  I edited the chart to show you all you need to know, in case you don't feel like reading the whole report.




Gayatri Mantra


On Tuesday, the summer solstice, I took a wonderful yoga class full of sun salutations, allowing for me to take in the solar light on the longest day of the year.  We started off the class chanting this mantra and oh how light and alive I have felt ever since!  I am not one to preach prayer, but there is something so soothing and awakening about this meditation. 

Did you know that the the Hindi believe that we each carry the power of 10,000 suns within us?!  Don't you feel stronger just thinking about that?!


True Bloody Sunday, Bloody Mary Recipe

1 cup Low Sodium Tomato Juice
2 lemon slices, juiced in glass
2 lime slices, juiced in glass
Worcestershire, 6-8 drops  
Tabasco, 2-8 drops (the large range is because this depends on your spice tolerance)
Pepper, 1-2 shakes
Olive juice, 1-2 tsps. 
Olives, 2 olives
Vodka, 1-2 shots depending on your mood.hehe.
1 celery stock, if desired

Add all the ingredients in a cup with ice, stir and viola! A bloody mary that is much lower in sodium than other ones you may have had.  The extra citrus juice makes up for the lost salt flavor. 


What are your plans for the weekend?  Spending time with friends?  Cooking?  Seeing any good art?  Do any of you watch True Blood?

I wish you a wonderful weekend full of all the things you love!

xoxoxo,

L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment