Monday, June 27, 2011

Heart Shaped Biscuits & Jam

Happy Monday, lovelies!  How was your weekend?  I hope it was full of summer sun and fun.

Chris and I had a great weekend.  I fullfilled my strawberry jam making goal and I even made multigrain, heart shaped biscuits to go with the jam (see photos below!).  My very first art show was super fun (photos coming) and we capped our weekend with Bloody Mary's, jerk chicken & dirty rice and True Blood!




Oxnard strawberries from the farmer's market.




 Strawberry mashing is fun. :)






Coffee, newspaper, buscuits = perfect morning


Multigrain Heart Shaped Biscuits

2 cups Trader Joes Multigrain baking mix
2/3 cup milk (I used 1% milk)
3 tbsp Oil

Mix ingredients together in a bowl.  Once well mixed, knead dough on a floured surface 8-10 times until smooth.  Roll or pat the dough until its 1/2 inch thick, then use a floured dough cutter in the shape of your choice! Pop buscuits in the oven, on a non greased cookie sheet, at 425 for 8-10 minutes.  Top with delicious jam - yummy.

Strawberry Jam Recipe

xoxoxox,

L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment