Friday, June 17, 2011

Breakfast on the Grill

Hi friends!  Happy Friday!  I don't know about you guys, but I sure am ready for the weekend.  We have June gloom in full force in LA today (low 60s and raining, summer what?), but the weather report says that Saturday and Sunday should bring warmer temps and the sun.  Happiness.

In celebration of the sunshine, I plan to make my love a yummy breakfast straight off the grill tomorrow!  This would be a GREAT meal for Father's Day on Sunday! ;)

Chris and I discovered the idea of breakfast on the grill over Memorial Day weekend while listening to NPR

For the meal, we cut 2 green bell peppers in half, cracked an egg inside of each half and set them on the grill, covered for about 15 minutes.  When finished, the eggs and bell pepper have the most delicious, smoky flavor.  Top the eggs with a little hot sauce or cheese - best weekend breakfast ever!

We also cooked bacon on the grill.  HOLY MOLY! yummy.

This was the moment we put the eggs and bacon on the grill.

This was right before we took them off the grill.

I think tomorrow, I am going to be risky and try to mix up the eggs in a bowl before I drop them in the peppers, scrammbled eggs like.  I am also going to do toast!

I wish you all a wonderful weekend full of culinary experiments, good drinks, a little exercise, time with those you love, sunshine and many smiles.


xoxoxoxo,

L.A.

P.S. I have some exciting posts planned for next week (our wedding pictures, fun engagement rings, and more), so come visit!


1 comment: